09 January 2012

Wrapping up Christmas.

Have you moved on from Christmas yet?
Just one more Christmas-y post and I will move on, too.
I'm a little bit ashamed to admit that aside from taking the tree down, my Christmas decorations aren't put away yet, but I've been thinking about it... and that's the first step, right?

One of my very favorite things about the month of December is receiving Christmas greeting cards in the mail (unless you're like me and sent yours out the first week in Jan this year-- oops). Every day is like Christmas at the mail box. With that said, I feel so wasteful throwing them all away! 
So I don't. 
I stick to a trick my dear resourceful mother taught me so many many years ago... 
turn those greeting cards in gift tags! 
Does that make us cheap? 
Part of my Christmas clean-up every year includes sitting in front of a late night movie to turn those cards into tags. It doesn't take much time at all. 
They make for pretty packages and it's so nice to open my wrapping supply the following year to see that I am ready to wrap!

Trim them up. Punch a hole. Add a pretty ribbon.
Done.


What do you do with all those cards?


(Sorry mom, our cheapskate secret is out...)

1 comment:

Vicki said...

yep, we are definitely cheapskates..but sentimental too, right? Cute tags my dear. You should see mine. But don't worry, I kept your darling card in tact!
So proud of my creative and resourceful Lu. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...