16 January 2011

More than just an ORANGE.

Oranges in January get me through the winter.
They are literally a bright spot in the colorless landscape.
And these particular oranges make the perfect [edible] centerpiece.

But let me tell you what I really love about oranges in January...

Once upon a time, there was a girl. And across the street lived a boy. He was a grocer.
One January day, he knocked on her door with a box of oranges from his grocery store.
She made orange juice with his oranges. They sipped it together.
The next week, he knocked on her door with another box of oranges.
She made more juice and they took more sips. Again and again, all winter long.
He liked her and she fell in love with him.
He asked her to marry him. And they lived happily ever after.
All because of Oranges in January.

3 comments:

Haley said...

that's just my kind of story.
probably because it's your story....
and who knows, maybe i'll try and copy that too.

just kidding.

xo.

Aubrey Leong said...

Awww...so sweet!

Trina Peterson said...

For me too and the Cara Cara Oranges make me feel like I am in a very sunny place - they are the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...