15 November 2010

Day One Soup Week: White Chili.


Winter is here, and winter means soup. So I thought I would share our favorite, tried and true (easy) soup night recipes. One every day this week.

This first one is a favorite, I've already made it three times this season! I really wish I could take credit for it's deliciousness, but I can't. And the worst part is that I have no idea who gave me the recipe! The card is typed out, so there is no handwriting to decode, but I must know the person because I found it in my recipe box.
I won the Sweepstakes Award at a Chili Cook-off... So if it is your recipe, please claim it so I can properly thank you!

White Chili

2 Tbsp butter
1 med onion
1/2 Tbsp garlic
1/2 Tbsp oregano
1 Tbsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 1/2 c chicken broth
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 7oz can diced green chiles
2 15oz cans Northern Beans, partially drained
2 cups cooked and diced chicken breast
1 can white corn (do not drain)
16 oz sour cream
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup grated pepper jack cheese


Saute onions in butter until transparent then add cooked chicken.

Add spices and other ingredients except cheese and sour cream.

Cook over moderate heat for 30-45 minutes.

Add sour cream and cheese the last ten minutes of cook time.

It is pretty substantial, so it is great served on its own, or with a crisp green salad and cornbread. By the way, do you have a great cornbread recipe to share? I have not yet found one that I love.

2 comments:

ahlin said...

love this blog! cant wait to check back for more! :)

breadncheeseplease.com said...

I made this soup last week... and am making it again tonight because both hubby and I have been craving it ever since. Thanks for the recipe!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...