09 March 2012

Babies don't keep.

I'm taking this on as my mantra. 
The house is pretty darn dusty and the floors desperately need to be scrubbed. 
And even though today is my first day on my own with three kids, like back to reality
I don't think I'm going to do anything about the house. 
In other words, I am really enjoying this bundle. 

My baby is three-weeks-old today and it makes me want to cry. 
Time SO flies.

I've decided that as soon as the umbilical cord falls off, babies are no longer new
So I glued my baby's on. 
Because as I'm learning 
babies, indeed, don't keep.

I'm obviously kidding, so don't call CPS.


3 comments:

Four Marrs and One Venus said...

Oh Lauren! Enjoy that sweet bundle, you are so so right! The floors will be there tomorrow or even the next day! I chuckled at the CPS part! Enjoy all 3 of your bundles, man do they grow up fast!

Brooke said...

I love this. You are so right. I wish my mind was a never-ending slideshow of all the precious moments. Besides when people visit the last thing they should be looking at is the house - it's the people inside that deserve the attention! :)

The Locklins said...

It's really so true. Your little Levi is giving me baby fever now that I have a toddler at home. I often ask, "Where did my baby go?" All too quickly. My grandmother tells me all the time her one regret while raising 4 children was that she kept her home too tidy. She wants those moments back still. And she's 80. It's the perfect reminder for every mama. Glad you're soaking it up. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...