08 December 2011

White Peppermint Fudge.


Looking for a quick dish to bring to your next potluck? I signed up to bring a Christmas treat to a dinner at church earlier this week. In desperation, I came up with this white fudge-y concoction. Everything else I went to make, I couldn't because I was missing a key ingredient (or two) and I wasn't about to load the kids in the car to go to the store. The angels started singing when I spotted a jar of marshmallow creme at the very bottom of my baking basket; I remembered that you can make easy fudge using that as the base. ANYway, this household thinks it turned out melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Plus, a bonus! Its super fast and super easy.  

White Peppermint Fudge

Line 9x13 pan with foil so it hangs over on all sides. 

Crush enough peppermint candies to make 1 cup. Spread 1/2 cup of that evenly over the bottom of the pan.

Melt 3/4 c butter in saucepan with 6 oz evaporated milk and 3 cups sugar.
Bring to a gentle boil and boil 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Remove from heat.

Add 3 cups white chocolate chips, 1 tsp vanilla and 1 jar marshmallow creme.

Stir vigorously until well combined.

Pour into pan, on top of crushed peppermint candies and level.

Sprinkle remaining 1/2 c of crushed peppermint on top evenly. It might be necessary to kind of press them into the fudge.

Let fudge stand at room temperature until solid, or put in refrigerator to speed up the process, about 25 min.

To cut, use foil "handles" to remove entire fudge block from pan and slice into squares using a sharp knife.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...