16 December 2010

Seeing Stripes.

I really am-- I just noticed a [striped] pattern surrounding me.
I didn't realize it until I recently made stripe-y plans for the laundry room.

There is so much to love about them; they are classic and clean and I feel like they can be done in so many different ways.

More stripe plans for the family room.

This whole remodeling/decorating process is going so slow. But we are making progress and that's all I can ask for! I finally finished my living room painting project earlier this week (more stripes!). It's amazing how much warmer the space feels with stuff on the walls (at long last!). I love the idea of frames within a frame. There will be a bigger collection there eventually, but this is my start.I just realized I am wearing a striped sweater.
Maybe this is too much.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i happen to love the stripes... i just looked in my closet the other day (you know that after baby stage where you hate your clothes either because you can't get back into them or you wore them throughout your preganacy) and I have sooo many stripes, so i would love if you could come and paint a striped wall in my house!

Tina said...

It looks great!! I love the stripes and it looks like the rooms I see in magazines!! Beautiful, you are amazing!!!

Luke{and}Dana said...

I LOVE all of your stripes! And you would know that seeing as you made me an identical green striped pillow for my couch since I loved your striped pillow so much! The wall looks amazing! You are so talented!

sheena said...

1. LOVE stripes. Obsess over them.
2. Is this the cutest blog you have or what?!
3. Love that pillow with the yellow flowers....is it Target?
4. Why aren't we neighbors.

Bek said...

I know I am late to the party but your blog was just recently recommended to me by a friend of mine.

I am so impressed with all of your decorating skills. I have lived in my house for 3 years and still have not decorated because of fear. Your awesomeness has inspired me to just go for it!

By the way where did you get the wire B hanging on your wall. I love it! I bet you forged it with your own two hands or something ridiculously talented like that!

Lula. said...

Bek- You are so sweet. The wire B is from Pottery Barn Teen. I have had it for a few years, so I am not sure they still carry them, but it would be worth a look!

Cindy said...

I feel like a bit of a stalker going this far back on your blog :) But I'm in the market for some drapes and remembered the picture of these drapes (white with black stripe) that you posted soo soo long ago. Would you mind sharing where you found it? I'm not finding what I'm looking for grr...and these might just be the golden ticket. Would you mind?

p.s. can you tell I always turn to your blog for decorating ideas? you're the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...