13 February 2011

Dinner in a Box.

I always keep this soup, and others like it in the pantry for times when I am not feeling up to making dinner (that's more often than I'd like to admit).
Last week I turned to this trusty soup in a box thinking I would just grate some cheese on top and call it good, but I couldn't stop. You would have never known how little effort I put in to making dinner because it tasted hearty and delicious.
I love when that happens.

Start with a carton of soup in a pot on med-high heat.
Add 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of corn, or the equivalent frozen
a handful of crumbled bacon
and
4 diced red potatoes, skin on

Bring to a low boil and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
Top with sour cream, grated cheese, green onions and freshly ground pepper.
Serve with crusty bread.

Enjoy!
Then tell me what creations you come up with {please}.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...